Tuesday, November 3, 2015

So many emotions...

My mind and heart are so anxious right now. We have so much going on in life. And with all that's going on, I've been reminding myself of the scripture that my pastor just mentioned Sunday morning as we are going through a series on prayer. 
~Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.  
~Philippians 4:6-7

Just this past weekend, Eric's dad went down hill quick! What we thought to be just dehydration was way more. We've since found out his cancer has spread through the body, to different areas and that he has several small brain bleeds in his brain, luckily medication is controlling it along with the pressure in the brain, so no emergency surgery was needed. Eric went up to Missouri this past weekend for 2 days, suddenly. All I could think about was 2 years ago when he left me at home with a newborn because his dad had a massive heart attack (and what I was thinking was-- I would've been left alone yet again with a newborn AND a 2 year old! had our second loss continued to full term.) I find myself wondering if that was the sole reason God took that baby. And now, his dad is home on hospice care, basically being comforted by pain meds until the Lord calls him home. I just know He knew I wouldn't have been able to handle life had that baby been born too. That's how I'm seeing the situation-- His reasoning and plans may be completely different than what's been revealed to me :) but that's how I see it now. 

Along with all of the news with his dad, we are also scheduled tomorrow morning for a consultation with our fertility doctor, whom we haven't seen in 3 years. I'm anxious to hear his thoughts and recommendations, however I'm scared too. I asked Eric if he wanted to re-schedule the appointment but he insisted we continue on for now. 

Please keep us in your thoughts and prayers as we face death very soon but hopeful life in our future. 
And I'll keep you posted with any updates. 

No comments:

Post a Comment