Tuesday, January 5, 2016

So much has happened....

 A lot has taken place since I last posted and just haven't quite gotten around to making a new post...

We went to our fertility appointment and met with the doctor and both of us had a ton of blood drawn. The dr said we needed to run some more tests and procedures but he would likely guess that the losses were all genetically related and something wasn't right. I agreed with him but wanted to know for sure, so we were waiting on a cycle to begin testing (I still hadn't had one from the loss.) 

Two days later, Eric's daddy passed away. I know he was so glad to have been there with him and his family in those final days and moments. We are so glad he didn't suffer long and thankful for medicine that kept him comfortable in the end. The following few days were a little crazy driving back and forth, to and fro. After several days of being gone from home, we were glad to be home and getting back to as normal of a routine as possible. 

As we returned to our routine, I began thinking I should be having a period very soon. After feeling very tired and a couple of other early pregnancy symptoms, I decided at 9pm to take a home pregnancy test- just because. Never in my wildest dreams did I think it would be POSITIVE!!! I remember walking in the kitchen with the stick in hand while Eric was washing dishes and just stood there and he looked perplexed. I held it up and said "what in the world?!" He proceeded with- "really?!" I said- "I guess so," with a frightened look on my face.
That very night, I text my OB Dr and told her my crazy news. She had me come in the next morning for some labs to see what my blood levels were measuring. They came back that day and were extremely good and encouraging of a healthy and growing pregnancy. Two days later I went in for an ultrasound and was measuring over 6 weeks. What?! Yea, that was my thought too! This put us having another July baby! :) 

I was completely nervous, scared, excited, shocked and every other possible emotion I could've had. God did an amazing work in our lives in those couple of weeks. It was so evident to see the circle of life, through life and death that He alone can give. We took comfort in this, knowing that our very soon future would hold a precious sweet child of Gods.
 
There wasn't anything much else to do at this time except continue progesterone and follow up in a couple of weeks. 
In between our waiting period, we announced our news to our families at Thanksgiving  dinner. To say they were shocked is an understatement as well :) 

We went back 2 weeks later for another ultrasound. Everything seemed to be going well and little baby had a good, strong heartbeat. I laid there with tears of joy filling my eyes. And so much anxiety about what may happen. But I tried to remain as calm as possible in the coming days and weeks. Next appointment would be in a month. 

In the meantime, Christmas came. That definitely kept us busy! I was doing all I could to use every ounce of energy I had to function. I was always SO tired. And the nausea was awful. It wasn't necessarily morning sickness for me but rather evening sickness. Ha! I never really experienced much of that with C so this was all new. Our Christmas card was our official announcement to our closest family and friends and then on Christmas Day, we made our announcement on social media. I was still a little Leary of sharing with "the entire world" but i also knew that God has this whole pregnancy and our story orchestrated for His glory. So, no matter the outcome, it was in His hands. 

We went back to the doctor after Christmas and all seemed to be going well. I was right over 13 weeks now and we made our next appointment for 5 weeks instead of 4 so we could have the big ultrasound and see the gender!! 

Things seem to be moving along a lot quicker this go round... Probably because I spend most of my days chasing a toddler :) 
We are so excited and can't wait to find out if Big Sister will have a baby brother or sister. We talk to her all the time about the baby and she knows I have a baby in my tummy. She kisses my tummy and pats the baby every night saying 'I love you baby and sleep tight.' It's really quite the sweetest thing! :) 

While we are anxious and excited, to say I'm a nervous wreck is putting it light. I see SO much that people know nothing of on a daily basis in my line of work. It's so scary. While most people think pregnancy is so happy and joyous (and it totally is, don't get me wrong!) it's also so incredibly scary too. We are putting our complete faith and trust in God, knowing He has formed this child and has his/her days already completely numbered in his book. In that, we rest. How amazing! 

 I'm currently 17.2 weeks, and we go next Friday for our big appointment. I've cheated and peeked at little baby a couple of times while at work but still not sure what it may be. To see growth and movement as weeks pass is unexplainable. Yet again, how amazing! 

Stay tuned for an update!  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment