Thursday, June 7, 2012
WAY Behind....Christmas 2011
Ok, so I am totally awful at this blogging thing... The only reason I can say I am doing it now is so I can print a blog book and have as a memory. I can't imagine how people with children and such busy lives even attempt, but here goes...
Christmas this year, rather PAST year, was different... first, it was our first Christmas being MARRIED! Second, it will always be different because Eric's a cop and I'm a nurse. We will always have to work sometimes. We made a short trip up to Missouri to see his family and do a small Christmas get together, except the only days we were able to go up was during the week and his Dad wasn't even home. We had to come back to town, because I was suppose to work Christmas Eve. Luckily, I got LOW (lack of work), which I was very thankful for. One, because Eric was off, but had to work Christmas Day. And two, because I was beginning to get sick. Since I got to stay home, we did our Christmas together on Christmas Eve morning. We just hung out at the apartment most of the day and then went to the Christmas Eve service at church later that night. Then we headed to my parents house to celebrate my dads birthday that day and just hang out with the family a little. Mom made some yummu "finger-type" foods that we got to munch on throughout the night. The next day was Christmas Day... and I felt AWFUL! I slept probably half the day away, laid on the couch and watched TV all day and waited on Eric to get home from work so we could head back to my parents for Christmas dinner and time with them and my Granny. This is when we opened our gifts as well. Needless to say, it was a different Christmas for sure- but we made it through. Hopefully next year will be a little better- however, it doesn't really matter, because Jesus is the reason for the season afterall.
Here are a few pics from our Christmas...
Our first Christmas Tree together :)
(I bought all new ornaments this year to do a red and green theme... I loved how it turned out!)
Family time with my Dads brothers side of the family
Our family's first Christmas 2011
All of our Christmas cards hanging... We are so loved! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment